What a beautiful day we had for our 10th annual event! We hope you enjoyed yourselves and we look forward to seeing your gardens. Tag our social media channels and show off! Instagram: @thefarmgirlcooks and @bialasfarms (#bialasfarms) Facebook: @bialasfarms
We will offer a smaller selection of plants when the farm stand opens for regular hours on Friday June 10th.
See you inside the barn!
10th Annual Plant Sale and Market
Saturday, May 14th 9am – 2pm
Bialas Farms celebrates the 2022 Growing Season with their 10th Annual Plant Sale & Market.
Check out the barn and the abundance of vegetable seedlings and herb plants so you can create your own magical garden space at home! You can see a detailed list HERE.
You don’t need traditional garden. Try these options, and think outside the box:
• Existing Flower beds (perennial herbs are nice elements planted among annual flowers)
• Large free-standing pots or planters
• Hanging baskets or railing planters
• Raised beds made of wood or cinder block or brick
• Kiddie pool (helpful to keep mints from establishing a larger presence than you’d like)|
• Buckets, troughs, large tubs, wheelbarrows (make sure they have drainage holes), old sinks or clawfoot tubs (they have drains!)
Most of the herbs you’ll find at Bialas Farms are perennials and will come back next spring. Just give them a good trim in the fall (or spring if you forget in the fall) and they will do what comes naturally when the time is right. Remember, sometimes weather conditions are extreme and plants may not survive the winter. Just dig out the old material and put new in its place.
The vegetable seedlings we offer for sale at the event are all things that we grow to harvest ourselves later on in the season. We choose our varieties based on flavor and production and we hope you’ll enjoy growing them as much as we do.